New Delhi/ PIB News: The following preparatory actions have been initiated by Headquarters, Western Naval Command, Mumbai to respond expeditiously to the developing situation in view of #CycloneVayu:-
- State Administration, local District authorities and Indian Coast Guard authorities have been directed to caution fishermen against proceeding to sea and take all necessary precautions in view of inclement weather.
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) bricks and relief material have been embarked on board nominated ships of the Command and are ready to be deployed at short notice.
- Indian Navy ships operating at sea and aircraft/ Helicopters on routine sorties have been directed to inform fishing vessels operating at sea and advise them to return to harbour.
- Indian Navy Diving and Rescue Teams and Relief Material have been kept standby for rendering assistance to civil authorities, as required.
- Medical teams and facilities at Indian Naval Hospital Asvini at Mumbai are standby to handle medical emergencies.
- P8I and IL aircraft are standby to undertake SAR missions as required.
- Headquarters, Offshore Defence and Advisory Group has also issued an advisory on cyclone ‘Vayu’ to all offshore platforms.