New Delhi/ PIB News: On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (Independent Charge), Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has announced that All ASI protected ticketed Monuments including Taj Mahal will be free for all women visitors from India and across the world. Shri Patel said that India has a great tradition to give respect to women and we believe that wherever women are given their due respect, even the deities like to reside there and where they are not respected, all actions remain unfruitful.
Archaeological Survey of India is fully committed towards safety and security of women visitors to monuments – Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
He further said that it is a small tribute from Ministry of Culture to the women power of the world. He also said that Archaeological Survey of India is fully committed towards safety and security of women visiting its monuments. He said that in this direction a Baby care & Feeding Room was inaugurated by him at the premises of Taj Mahal in Agra, Uttar Pradesh on 29th August 2019 and after that the same has been set up at various monuments across India.
On the occasion of #InternationalWomensDay2020 , all @ASIGoI protected ticketed Monuments will be free for all women visitors from India and abroad- Shri. @prahladspatel http://pib.nic.in/PressReleaseIframePage.aspx?PRID=1605646&RegID=3&LID=1 …@pspoffice @NMANEWDELHI #IWD2020 #IWD #GenerationEquality #InternationalWomensDay
He said that in order to provide safe and convenient visitor experience to Women to it’s monuments, Archaeological Survey of India has made following provisions:
– Baby Feeding Rooms/Child care centers at various monuments across India.
– Neat and Clean toilet facilities for women visiting monuments.
– Deployment of women Security Guards for safe and secure visit of ladies.
– Separate queue for ladies buying tickets/tokens in some important monuments like Red Fort and Taj Mahal.
– Separate entry and exit gateways for women in some important monuments like Red Fort and Taj Mahal.
– Special drive like Talk sessions held regularly on topics like ‘Gender Sensitization’ for the staff of ASI and CISF.
– Lady security staff has been deployed at entry points for frisking of lady passengers.