Rs. 2,000 Crore Development Works Projected in District Panchkula During The Last Five Years: Haryana CM

Chandigarh, August 18- Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal said that development works to the tune of Rs 2,000 crore have been carried out in Panchkula district during the last five years.
          The Chief Minister was addressing the people at Majri Chowk in Panchkula district today. 
          The Chief Minister said that the four-lane road from Panchkula to Yamunanagar has been constructed at a cost of Rs 611 crore. Apart from this, the Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is also being constructed at a cost of Rs 160 crore. He said that a road would also be constructed from Chandigarh Airport to Panchkula, for which, the talks with Punjab Government has been held. He said that an underpass would also be constructed to connect Sector 16-17 of Panchkula by road from railway station Chandigarh. 
          Addressing the people in Ramgarh and Barwala, he said that the problem of flies (Makkhi) was the main problem of Barwala, which has been resolved by 90 percent and the remaining 10 percent would also be resolved soon. 
          He said that we have given jobs to youth on the basis of merit, whereas in earlier governments, the youth had to sell even their gold ornaments to get jobs. No youth would remain unemployed in the next five years, he added.
          During the rally, addressing the people in Raipur Rani, the Chief Minister said that the state government has left no stone unturned in providing basic facilities like electricity, roads, and water. He said that Panchkula is the first district of Haryana, where 24 hours of electricity is being supplied to the people in villages.
          While addressing the people in Naraingarh, the Chief Minister said that the Regional Center for Horticulture University in Naraingarh has been approved and would be established soon. He said that Rs 850 crore has been spent on the development works in the last five years, under which sports stadiums and girl’s colleges are being constructed.
          Addressing the people in Sadhaura, he said that teen Karam pucca roads are being constructed in villages by the state government. Apart from this, Shivdhams is being renovated at the cost of Rs 748 crore to provide various facilities there.
          During the rally at Bilaspur, the Chief Minister said that we have delivered more than the promises we made which also included the election of educated panchayats. This has raised the level of panchayats. The state government has started the star rating scheme to encourage the good work of panchayats. Referring to Ujjawala scheme, the Chief Minister asked the people present, if any one of them has not yet got the gas connection, then give his or her name in their respective SDM office and office of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department, they would get gas connection within 48 hours.  
          Those present included Haryana BJP in-charge, Dr. Anil Jain, State BJP President, Mr. Subhash Barala, Union Minister of State for Jal Shakti, Mr Rattan Lal Kataria, Transport Minister, Mr Krishan Lal Panwar, MP, Mr Nayab Singh Saini, MLA, Kalka, Mrs Latika Sharma and many MPs and MLAs were also present.