· To promote a circular economy in the steel sector.
· To promote a formal and scientific collection, dismantling and processing activities for end of life products that are sources of recyclable (ferrous, non- ferrous and other non-metallic) scraps which will lead to resource conservation and energy savings and setting up of an environmentally sound management system for handling ferrous scrap.
· Processing and recycling of products in an organized, safe and environment-friendly manner.
· To evolve a responsive ecosystem by involving all stakeholders.
· To produce high-quality ferrous scrap for quality steel production thus minimizing the dependency on imports.
· To decongest the Indian cities from ELVs and reuse of ferrous scrap.
· To create a mechanism for treating waste streams and residues produced from dismantling and shredding facilities in compliance with Hazardous & Other Wastes (Management & Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016 issued by MoEF & CC.
· To promote 6Rs principles of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover, Redesign and Remanufacture through scientific handling, processing and disposal of all types of recyclable scraps including non-ferrous scraps, through authorized centers/facility.